Thursday, May 16, 2013

a fresh start

Okay, so the two-week test hasn't gone as planned. Actually, it hasn't gone at all. I'm just not ready. I'm in too much pain on a daily basis at this point. Not to mention, I have no money. Therefore, I've decided to go back to focusing on a low-fat vegan diet while trying to work. When I first started the vegan diet back in January, I had no problem going vegan, but the low-fat part, not so much. This time around I really need to focus on the low-fat part, which includes not cooking with added oils and keeping servings to 3 grams of fat or less.

Over the past few weeks, meat and diary have slowly been elbowing their way back into my diet, and it needs to stop. The several times it has happened, I've felt terrible. I want to be vegan; I prefer being vegan. It makes me feel better and now knowing what I know now about what animal products due to our health, I could never go back. Last night was the last vegan study class. Since January, we've been meeting every Wednesday to discuss how things have been going and to learn about what following a vegan diet can do for our health. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it to a lot of the classes because of my poor health, but going last night made me realize how much the diet has done for everyone. I may be the sickest one in the class, but it gives me hope that this diet can still help me. So I'm starting over, and that begins with going back to being 100% vegan in addition to keeping fats to a minimum. Additionally, I've been avoiding coffee and several of my food triggers so I'm going to continue to do so. I'll do this for the remaining of the month and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment